October 25, 2022
The regularly scheduled meeting was convened at 6:40 pm by Chair Barbara Quattro. Board members present were Ms. Quattro, Cynthia Young, Secretary and Doug Smith, Treasurer.
HPD Representatives: Officer Tim Whitaker, Sr. Officer Katherine Martinez and Officer Tony Robertson with Westside Command.
Houston Police Department Report: Westside Command Center crime statistics for the Alief areawere presented by Officer Katherine Martinez.
- Aggravated Assault- 38 down 22.45 %
- Auto Theft- 35 down 23.91%
- Burglary of Buildings- 22 down 58.49 %
- Burglary of Habitation- 29 up7.41 %
- Burglary from vehicles – 35 down 23.91%
- Murder- 1 down 50.00%
- Robbery – 20 down 37.50%
- Sexual Assault- 2 same 0.00 %
- Violent crime- 61 down 28.24%
- Non-violent crime -267 down 14.42%
Treasury Report: We currently have $1,969.65.
Officer Tim Whitaker discussed safety features that everyone should practice. Officer Whitaker made the following points:
- Be aware of postings on social media or individuals who call and ask you to send money to make money or represent themselves as a vender that you use. Generally, they claim that unless you submit money right away there could be some sort of consequence.
- There are many different scams that are targeting seniors. Think before you act.
- We were advised that there are 5000 police officers in Houston with 1,600 on the street. They patrol 700 sq. miles. Harris County is larger than 26 different states in which many of the cities have a larger police force than we do.
Roland Guajardo and Jorge Briones: Presented a short Medicare update and provided contact information for assistance.
Kent Clingerman, HCP 4 Commissioner Cagle’s office: Announced (1) their Fall Festival October 29, 12:00 to 4PM at BEAR CREEK PIONEERS PARK, and(2) Salute to Veterans, November 11 6:00 to 8pm at the Weekly Community Center.
Linda Shank, ASNC: Discussed the Recycle Event that the school children collected approx. 700 lbs. of plastic water bottles. Rewards were cash prizes and a pizza party.
Barbara Quattro- ASNC discussed our 1st tree planting of the season which was October 22, 2022. 200 trees were planted.
Meeting was adjourned by Ms. Quattro at 8: 00 pm
Minutes written and submitted by:
Cynthia Young, Secretary